Top 10 H1B visa using employers 2011

According to recent data released by the USCIS, here's a list of the top 10 employers using H1B visas in the U.S. For people looking for H1B sponsors here's a good place to start. 

Remember the U.S. issues a total of 85,000 H1B visas annually. This number includes 20,000 H1B visas set aside for people who have received an advanced graduation degree from a U.S. university. 

Top H1B visa approvals by company

  1. Cognizant                         5715
  2. Infosys                             4042
  3. Wipro                               2817
  4. Tata                                  1758
  5. Larsen & Toubro            1608
  6. Microsoft                        1586
  7. Accenture                       1370
  8. HCL America                  1128
  9. IBM                                  1063
  10. Google                               615

Surprisingly Google was at the bottom of the list with only 615 H1B visa approvals in 2011. Cognizant continues to be on top of the chart with 5715 H1B visa approvals. Now let us take a look at another data table released by the USCIS. This shows the number of new H1B approvals for each of the top 10 H1B filing employers. The numbers will not match the ones shown above as H1B visa approvals include H1B visa renewals as well.

Approvals for new H1Bs for the top 10 H1B visa sponsors

  1. Cognizant                        4222
  2. Infosys                            3962
  3. Wipro                              2736
  4. Tata                                 1740
  5. Accenture                      1347
  6. Larsen & Toubro          1204
  7. HCL America                 1033
  8. Microsoft                         947
  9. IBM                                   853
  10. Google                              383

TOTAL                                  18427

While these numbers may look really impressive, don't forget that there are other companies that file for H1 as well. The top 10 users only account for 22% of all the new visa applications. The other 78% of the new H1B visa applications are filed by other companies across various sectors, more prominently the high tech industry.

So if you are looking for a new H1B sponsor, here's a good starting point. Good luck people!

Data source : USCIS

 

Forums: 

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.