Its that time of the year when H1 B applications are being fine tuned, read, and re-read. The first date of filing the H1B visa for the year 2012 is April 1, 2011. H1-B visa holders can also file for H4 visa for spouse and children. H4 visa cannot be filed it for other members of the family, say parents or siblings. Members discuss many aspects about the H4/H1 visa interview questions and I would like to give you some quick tips. This will help you to get through the H4 interview process very quickly.
- Get all your official paperwork right. Take your spouse's H1 visa papers and other related employment documents.
- Get all the paperwork for financial support. Take your spouse's salary slips and bank statements. Get a letter of employment from the spouse's employer. This should clearly state the salary in dollars and is evidence of financial support for the potential H4 visa applicant.
- Get your marriage related paperwork right. Take your marriage certificate and pictures of the wedding.
- Get your story right. It should make sense to the officer to give you the H4 visa. Jumbled up stories and mundane reasons to apply for the visa immediately attract suspicion and may lead to rejection of the H4 visa. Be honest.
For the H4 visa applicant it is the simplest case. Spouse works in the U.S and wants you to live with him in the U.S. Show evidence of your marriage, his legitimate job in the U.S. and evidence of financial support for you and pat! you are done.
Useful Tips for the H4 visa interview
- Go to the right embassy. Many times applicants file for the H4 visa interview in New Delhi and go to Chennai Consulate instead. The processing is different and your visa application is linked to the embassy you choose to go to.
- Organize your papers well. Look neat and go with confidence. There is no need to fear anything. Be confident. You are not doing anything wrong. If you get the visa, great! If you don't get it, don't panic. Apply again and follow the instructions of the Officer.
- If you miss your H4 interview, here's what you can do next
- If you still need more tips for the H4 visa interview, please read my blog post here.
Good luck and please do the community a favor by posting your H4 visa experience here. I would like to thank Anjali for sharing many useful H4 visa interview questions with us.
Thank you for reading,